Thursday, December 31, 2009

My First 365 Days as an Entrepreneur

Today, i mark my 365th day as an entrepreneur. When i started out, i decided to keep have an offline service company and then some online businesses. I also demystified some fantasies like getting a windfall quickly.

The vision I had was to build Assets that would have life of their own revolving around a business system independent of me.

Right now, the businesses are up and growing but they cannot live without me yet. Besides, the revenues of 2009 mostly went into the businesses. There were times I felt that things were moving too slowly. There was even a time between July and September when the businesses literally froze because of a family tragedy.

Right now things are on the move again but as you read earlier, I have been laying foundations that I can monetize in 2010.

I learnt a lot in 2009 also. Too much to blog about without wasting your time.

As per my online businesses, The challenge of a Nigerian Internet Entrepreneur is so great but there are ways around it if you persistent.

My most surprising lesson however was that you do not need to know anything about anything to run a business as long as you have a clear vision of the end goal, a laser sharp focus and the persistence to see your dreams come to pass. Once these three seed are sown in your heart, you just nourish them and have the patience to see the blossom and yield fruits.


No comments: